Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet Ovens
Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet Ovens
Horizontal air flow ovens provide exceptional temperature uniformity as air flow passes heated air across each shelf level for closely controlled production work.
Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet Ovens Model Specifications:
CAUTION: Ovens processing combustible material are required by National Fire Protection Association 86 Standard for Ovens and Furnaces (NFPA 86) to have a fire suppression system. If flammable solvents or vapors are present in an oven, OSHA requires conformance with NFPA 86 Class A Oven requirements. A powered forced exhauster and other non-standard safety equipment must be added. See Class A Oven Equipment for Solvent Processing resource page, reference our FAQs or contact us us for more information.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Blower||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||CFM||HP||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|HA-550||20" x 20" x 20"||4.6||40" x 36" x 58"||550°F||400||⅓||6||Not Rated||6"||±0.3%||±4°F||20||12||805 lbs|
|HA-700||20" x 20" x 20"||4.6||44" x 40" x 62"||700°F||400||⅓||8||132,000||8"||±0.3%||±5°F||22||15||970 lbs|
|HA-850||20" x 20" x 20"||4.6||44" x 40" x 62"||850°F||600||½||10||132,000||8"||±0.3%||±7°F||40||25||1,030 lbs|
|HX-550||38" x 20" x 26"||11.4||58" x 36" x 64"||550°F||600||½||8||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±4°F||37||24||1,375 lbs|
|HX-700||38" x 20" x 26"||11.4||62" x 40" x 68"||700°F||600||½||10||132,000||8"||±0.3%||±5°F||33||21||1,505 lbs|
|HX-850||38" x 20" x 26"||11.4||62" x 40" x 68"||850°F||600||½||15||132,000||8"||±0.3%||±7°F||45||27||1,555 lbs|
|HB-550||38" x 26" x 38"||21.7||58" x 42" x 76"||550°F||600||½||10||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±4°F||38||22||1,590 lbs|
|HB-700||38" x 26" x 38"||21.7||62" x 46" x 80"||700°F||600||½||15||132,000||8"||±0.3%||±5°F||40||24||1,900 lbs|
|HB-850||38" x 26" x 38"||21.7||62" x 46" x 80"||850°F||800||¾||20||200,000||8"||±0.3%||±7°F||45||30||1,950 lbs|
|HZ-550||38" x 26" x 50"||28.6||58" x 42" x 88"||550°F||800||¾||15||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±4°F||40||24||1,975 lbs|
|HZ-700||38" x 26" x 50"||28.6||62" x 46" x 92"||700°F||800||¾||20||200,000||8"||±0.3%||±5°F||42||27||2,305 lbs|
|HZ-850||38" x 26" x 50"||28.6||62" x 46" x 92"||850°F||1,000||1||30||200,000||8"||±0.3%||±7°F||44||36||2,455 lbs|
|HY-550||38" x 38" x 38"||31.8||58" x 54" x 76"||550°F||800||¾||15||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±4°F||42||25||2,180 lbs|
|HY-700||38" x 38" x 38"||31.8||62" x 58" x 80"||700°F||800||¾||20||200,000||8"||±0.3%||±5°F||44||29||2,540 lbs|
|HY-850||38" x 38" x 38"||31.8||62" x 58" x 80"||850°F||1,000||1||30||200,000||8"||±0.3%||±7°F||46||38||2,710 lbs|
|HC-550||50" x 50" x 50"||72.3||74" x 66" x 90"||550°F||2,450||1 ½||30||200,000||6"||±0.3%||±4°F||25||24||3,485 lbs|
|HC-700||50" x 50" x 50"||72.3||76" x 68" x 92"||700°F||2,450||1 ½||40||200,000||8"||±0.3%||±5°F||30||29||3,905 lbs|
|HC-850||50" x 50" x 50"||72.3||78" x 70" x 94"||850°F||3,300||2||60||350,000||8"||±0.3%||±7°F||30||25||4,230 lbs|
* Outside Dimensions
- Blower motor overhang 10″ right side, except HB-850 & HZ & HY Series 14″ and HC Series where overhang is 19”.
- Click here for HA-550-850 dimensions
- Click here for HB-550-850 dimensions
- Click here for HC-550-850 dimensions
- Click here for HX-550-850 dimensions
- Click here for HY-550-850 dimensions
- Click here for HZ-550-850 dimensions
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 50°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 50°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
- See Control & Instrumentation Summary for additional details.
Specifications for Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet Ovens
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||850°F|
|AIR FLOW||Forced Convection, Side to Side|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||45 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||27mins|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||38" x 20" x 26"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX||8|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||1555 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||62" x 40" x 68"|
Standard Features for Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet Ovens
- UL Listed Control Panel
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- FM (Factory Mutual)
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Processing flammable solvents or vapors requires forced exhaust to provide safety ventilation. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Recirculating blower air flow safety switch to turn off heat on loss of recirculated air flow
- Electrical interlock shuts off heat if power to recirculating blower is interrupted
- Electric Heat Includes
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Gas Heat Includes
- Modulating burner for 1000 BTU per cubic foot natural gas at 6” water column pressure – propane available. Inlet 1” NPT
- Automatic pre-ignition purge period to clear accumulated gas or fumes
- Push button electric ignition
- Microprocessor based electronic flame safeguard protection to continuously monitor flame and close gas valves if flame is not present
- 325 CFM powered forced exhauster to provide combustion venting
- Exhauster air flow safety switch to close gas valves on loss of venting
- Two pilot valves to guarantee gas flow to pilot can be stopped
- High and Low gas pressure switches to confirm safe operating pressure range
- Two main burner safety shut off valves with valve seat position indicator to assure gas flow to main burner can be stopped
- Proof of closure switch on one main valve to prevent igniting pilot unless main valve is closed
- Leak test station at each pilot and main burner valve to allow testing for leakage through valve
- Digital temperature controller
- Motor control push buttons and on-off heat switch
- LED pilot lights
- 5 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- Choice of
- Electric or Gas heat
- 208 volt, 230 volt or 460 volt, 3-phase, 60 HZ – other input power available
- All welded construction
- Durable, electrically isolated, Incoloy tubular heating elements
- Heat source located in heat chamber to prevent radiant heating
- High pressure carbon steel recirculating blower
- Full coverage supply and return duct work with adjustable opposed louvers
- Adjustable fresh air intake and 4” diameter (6” on Gas Heat) exhaust outlet damper
- Channel shelf supports prevent shelves tipping
- Insulated with 10 lbs per cubic foot density rockwool insulation
- 304 stainless steel interior with plated hardware
- Aluminized steel exterior with Trilite Green enamel finish
- Brushed stainless steel control panel face
- Heavy duty doors with explosion venting latches
- Fiberglass door gasket with stainless steel spring insert
- Slip flashing at doorway to allow inner oven to expand without affecting door sealing
- Fully assembled and factory tested for temperature uniformity
- 1 year limited warranty
Modifications & Accessories for Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet Ovens
Nickel Plated Carbon Steel Shelf
Oven accessory adding a nickel plated carbon steel shelf with maximum distributed load of either 50lbs 100lbs, or 200lbs depending on the oven model.
Stainless Steel Shelf
Oven accessory adding a Stainless Steel Shelf with maximum distributed load of either 50lbs, 100lbs or 200lbs depending on oven model.
Programmable Temperature Controller
Oven modification adding a programmable Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, digital indicating, thermocouple actuated, in lieu of standard controller.
-Program Parameters: 40 profiles of up to 50 steps each, a real-time clock with battery backup to allow starting profile at any time of day
-Digital Display, 4.3” color touch screen
-Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
-Connectivity, Relay output for alarm or other notification, two (2) USB ports, Ethernet compatible
-Up to four (4) control channels of temperature, relative humidity or vacuum
-Monitor up to16 sensors
-Math and logic functions
-Digital inputs and outputs
Digital Timing Temperature Controller
Modification adding a Digital Timing Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, incorporates 99 hour 59 minute timer, starts timing temperature reaches set point and shuts down oven at end of set time.
- Digital Display, two LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit displays; 0.875″ high for temperature display and 0.500″ high for set point display
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
Accessory adding a Recording Thermometer. Thermocouple actuated.
- Record: 10″ diameter circular chart 24 hour chart rotation
- Digital Display: 0.56″ high, LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit display; LED status display
- Accuracy: ±0.25%of span plus 1 degree display error
SCR Power Controller
Electrical modification adding an SCR Power Controller. Features:
•Silicon controlled rectifier power controllers are completely solid state industrial controllers that ensure precise proportioning of electric power to the heating elements.
•Oven temperature is maintained smoothly and evenly over the entire temperature range of the unit.
•SCR power controllers minimize maintenance, as there are no moving parts or electrical contacts to wear out.
•Heating element fatigue is reduced since the elements do not cool between releases of electric power.
•Zero voltage firing, including the first one half cycle of voltage, minimizes radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
•Transient voltage suppressor networks are included, and the units are provided with protective fusing.
Digital Shut Down Timer
Accessory adding a Digital Shut Down Timer. Shuts down oven, selectable range, continuous “hold” feature.
Install Customer Supplied Temperature Controller
Modification installing a customer supplied temperature controller in lieu of standard controller.
Digital Batch Timer
Oven modification adding a Digital Batch Timer. Uniformly timing batch operations, continuous alarm with door interlock, alarm sounds at end of preset time until door is opened or timer reset.
Special Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet OvenSerial #: 660504
Clay warming oven with casters for portability and five levels of two roll out shelves.
- MAX TEMP: 350ºF
- WORKSPACE DIMS (WxDxH): 35" x 31" x 42"
Modified Model HA-500 Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet OvenSerial #: 86942D0406
Stainless steel interior and brushed stainless steel exterior for laboratory testing
- MAX TEMP: 500ºF
- WORKSPACE DIMS (WxDxH): 20" x 20" x 20"
Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet OvenSerial #: 88118A0806
9′ wide work space oven with vertical lift door for curing composite parts in fixture
- MAX TEMP: 350ºF
- WORKSPACE DIMS (WxDxH): 108" x 18" x 18"
Special Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet OvenSerial #: 89840A0207
Four compartments with individual ducts, loading trucks and transfer dolly
- MAX TEMP: 500ºF
- WORKSPACE DIMS (WxDxH): 20" x 28" x 36"
Special Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet OvenSerial #: 101606A1110
Four independent doors and thirty-two trays for drying pellets
- MAX TEMP: 550ºF
- WORKSPACE DIMS (WxDxH): 48" x 30" x 63"
Special Horizontal Air Flow Cabinet OvenSerial #: 101483A1010
Top mounted heat chamber, two compartments, each with four roll out shelves with guides for customer’s parts
- MAX TEMP: 750ºF
- WORKSPACE DIMS (WxDxH): 40" x 42" x 51"