These furnaces are used for a variety of heat treating applications including those requiring inert atmospheres. Recirculating blower provides high velocity vertical down air flow for excellent heat transfer. Precision microprocessor based temperature controls and energy-saving insulation maximize the performance of these rugged units.
Tempering Furnace Model Specifications:
Not for use with flammable solvents, vapors, or gases.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Door Type||Height w/ Door Open||Hearth Rating||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|TF-183618||18" x 36" x 18"||6.8||35" x 87" x 74"||1,400°F||30||190,000||7"||± 0.3%||±12°F||95||85||78"||400||3,100 lbs|
|TF-243624||24" x 36" x 24"||12||47" x 92" x 80"||1,400°F||42||285,000||7"||± 0.3%||±14°F||95||85||90"||600||4,000 lbs|
|TF-304830||30" x 48" x 30"||25||53" x 106" x 86"||1,400°F||52||355,000||7"||± 0.3%||±14°F||90||80||102"||900||5,200 lbs|
|TF-364836||36" x 48" x 36"||36||59" x 111" x 126"||1,400°F||65||450,000||7"||± 0.3%||±20°F||90||80||126"||1100||6,400 lbs|
|TF-366036||36" x 60" x 36"||45||59" x 121" x 126"||1,400°F||74||510,000||7"||± 0.3%||±20°F||90||80||126"||1300||6,800 lbs|
|TF-484848||48" x 48" x 48"||64||71" x 114" x 150"||1,400°F||100||660,000||7"||± 0.3%||±22°F||80||70||150"||1500||8,700 lbs|
|TF-487248||48" x 72" x 48"||96||71" x 152" x 150"||1,400°F||120||800,000||7"||± 0.3%||±22°F||80||70||150"||2200||9,950 lbs|
* Outside Dimensions
- All Models:
- Control panel overhang 9″ right side.
- Blower motor overhang 18″ rear except 20″ on 15 HP.
- Gas Models:
- Burner overhang 18″ right side.
- 325 CFM exhauster to 510,000 BTU/HR, 650 CFM above.
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
Specifications for Tempering Furnace
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||1,400°F|
|AIR FLOW||Bottom to Top, Forced Convection|
|CONTROL ACCURACY||± 0.3%|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||80 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||70mins|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||48" x 72" x 48"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX||None|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||9950 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||71" x 152" x 150"|
Standard Features for Tempering Furnace
- UL Listed Control Panel
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- FM (Factory Mutual)
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Not for use with flammable solvents or vapors. Other models available for these applications. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Recirculating blower air flow safety switch to turn off heat on loss of recirculated air flow
- Electric Heat Includes
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Gas Heat Includes
- Automatic pre-ignition purge period to clear accumulated gas or fumes
- Push button electric ignition
- Microprocessor based electronic flame safeguard protection to continuously monitor flame and close gas valves if flame is not present
- 325 CFM (650 CFM at 510,000 BTU/hr input) stainless steel powered forced exhauster to provide combustion venting
- Exhauster air flow safety switch to close gas valves on loss of venting
- Two pilot valves to guarantee gas flow to pilot can be stopped
- High and Low gas pressure switches to confirm safe operating pressure range
- Two main burner safety shut off valves with valve seat position indicator to assure gas flow to main burner can be stopped
- Proof of closure switch on one main valve to prevent igniting pilot unless main valve is closed
- Leak test station at each pilot and main burner valve to allow testing for leakage through valve
- Door interlock drives main burners to low fire as door is opened to protect operator from flames
- Digital temperature controller
- LED pilot lights
- On-off heat switch
- 5 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- Choice of
- Air or Inert Atmosphere construction
- Electric or Gas heat (Air construction only)
- 208 volt, 230 volt or 460 volt, 3-phase, 60 HZ – other input power available
- All welded construction
- High temperature alloy coiled wire heating elements supported in alloy rack
- Modulating burner for 1000 BTU per cubic foot natural gas at 2 psig pressure – propane available – propane available. Inlet 1” NPT
- Heat source located in heat chamber to prevent radiant heating
- High pressure, air cooled, stainless steel recirculating blower
- Full coverage supply and return duct work with adjustable opposed louvers
- Adjustable fresh air intake and 4” diameter (6” on Gas Heat) exhaust outlet damper
- 16 gauge 304 stainless steel work space interior
- Refractory fiber and fire brick heat chamber
- Insulated with 2” of rockwool and 5”of light weight, energy saving refractory ceramic fiber
- Load supporting floor insulated with 2” of 18-½ lbs per cubic foot density 1900⁰F block and 4-½” of firebrick,
- 3/16” steel plate reinforced furnace shell with Trilite Green enamel finish
- ½” thick steel front plate around door
- Fire brick throat and doorsill to protect furnace during loading
- Brushed stainless steel control panel face
- Powered vertical lift door
o Electric door: Electromechanical operator pivots door, supported by structural steel arms and bearings, upward above furnace
o Air door: Air cylinder lifts door hanging from heavy duty roller chain supported by sprockets, shaft and pillow block bearings
- Door hot side faces away from operator
- Soft insulation on door hot face seals against throat brick and steel front plate
- Stainless steel grate at bottom of work space for loading
- Fully assembled and factory tested
- 1 year limited warranty