These furnaces are used for a variety of heat treating applications including those requiring inert atmospheres. Recirculating blower provides high velocity vertical down air flow for excellent heat transfer. Precision microprocessor based temperature controls and energy-saving insulation maximize the performance of these rugged units.
Tempering Furnace Model Specifications:
Not for use with flammable solvents, vapors, or gases.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Door Type||Height w/ Door Open||Hearth Rating||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|TF-183618||18" x 36" x 18"||6.8||35" x 87" x 74"||1,400°F||30||190,000||7"||± 0.3%||±12°F||95||85||78"||400||3,100 lbs|
|TF-243624||24" x 36" x 24"||12||47" x 92" x 80"||1,400°F||42||285,000||7"||± 0.3%||±14°F||95||85||90"||600||4,000 lbs|
|TF-304830||30" x 48" x 30"||25||53" x 106" x 86"||1,400°F||52||355,000||7"||± 0.3%||±14°F||90||80||102"||900||5,200 lbs|
|TF-364836||36" x 48" x 36"||36||59" x 111" x 126"||1,400°F||65||450,000||7"||± 0.3%||±20°F||90||80||126"||1100||6,400 lbs|
|TF-366036||36" x 60" x 36"||45||59" x 121" x 126"||1,400°F||74||510,000||7"||± 0.3%||±20°F||90||80||126"||1300||6,800 lbs|
|TF-484848||48" x 48" x 48"||64||71" x 114" x 150"||1,400°F||100||660,000||7"||± 0.3%||±22°F||80||70||150"||1500||8,700 lbs|
|TF-487248||48" x 72" x 48"||96||71" x 152" x 150"||1,400°F||120||800,000||7"||± 0.3%||±22°F||80||70||150"||2200||9,950 lbs|
* Outside Dimensions
- All Models:
- Control panel overhang 9″ right side.
- Blower motor overhang 18″ rear except 20″ on 15 HP.
- Gas Models:
- Burner overhang 18″ right side.
- 325 CFM exhauster to 510,000 BTU/HR, 650 CFM above.
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
- See Control & Instrumentation Summary for additional details.
Specifications for Tempering Furnace
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||1,400°F|
|AIR FLOW||Bottom to Top, Forced Convection|
|CONTROL ACCURACY||± 0.3%|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||95 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||85mins|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||18" x 36" x 18"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX||None|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||3100 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||35" x 87" x 74"|
Standard Features for Tempering Furnace
- UL Listed Control Panel
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- FM (Factory Mutual)
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Not for use with flammable solvents or vapors. Other models available for these applications. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Recirculating blower air flow safety switch to turn off heat on loss of recirculated air flow
- Electric Heat Includes
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Gas Heat Includes
- Automatic pre-ignition purge period to clear accumulated gas or fumes
- Push button electric ignition
- Microprocessor based electronic flame safeguard protection to continuously monitor flame and close gas valves if flame is not present
- 325 CFM (650 CFM at 510,000 BTU/hr input) stainless steel powered forced exhauster to provide combustion venting
- Exhauster air flow safety switch to close gas valves on loss of venting
- Two pilot valves to guarantee gas flow to pilot can be stopped
- High and Low gas pressure switches to confirm safe operating pressure range
- Two main burner safety shut off valves with valve seat position indicator to assure gas flow to main burner can be stopped
- Proof of closure switch on one main valve to prevent igniting pilot unless main valve is closed
- Leak test station at each pilot and main burner valve to allow testing for leakage through valve
- Door interlock drives main burners to low fire as door is opened to protect operator from flames
- Digital temperature controller
- LED pilot lights
- On-off heat switch
- 5 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- Choice of
- Air or Inert Atmosphere construction
- Electric or Gas heat (Air construction only)
- 208 volt, 230 volt or 460 volt, 3-phase, 60 HZ – other input power available
- All welded construction
- High temperature alloy coiled wire heating elements supported in alloy rack
- Modulating burner for 1000 BTU per cubic foot natural gas at 2 psig pressure – propane available – propane available. Inlet 1” NPT
- Heat source located in heat chamber to prevent radiant heating
- High pressure, air cooled, stainless steel recirculating blower
- Full coverage supply and return duct work with adjustable opposed louvers
- Adjustable fresh air intake and 4” diameter (6” on Gas Heat) exhaust outlet damper
- 16 gauge 304 stainless steel work space interior
- Refractory fiber and fire brick heat chamber
- Insulated with 2” of rockwool and 5”of light weight, energy saving refractory ceramic fiber
- Load supporting floor insulated with 2” of 18-½ lbs per cubic foot density 1900⁰F block and 4-½” of firebrick,
- 3/16” steel plate reinforced furnace shell with Trilite Green enamel finish
- ½” thick steel front plate around door
- Fire brick throat and doorsill to protect furnace during loading
- Brushed stainless steel control panel face
- Powered vertical lift door
o Electric door: Electromechanical operator pivots door, supported by structural steel arms and bearings, upward above furnace
o Air door: Air cylinder lifts door hanging from heavy duty roller chain supported by sprockets, shaft and pillow block bearings
- Door hot side faces away from operator
- Soft insulation on door hot face seals against throat brick and steel front plate
- Stainless steel grate at bottom of work space for loading
- Fully assembled and factory tested
- 1 year limited warranty
Modifications & Accessories for Tempering Furnace
Oven modification adding a programmable Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, digital indicating, thermocouple actuated, in lieu of standard controller.
-Program Parameters: 40 profiles of up to 50 steps each, a real-time clock with battery backup to allow starting profile at any time of day
-Digital Display, 4.3” color touch screen
-Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
-Connectivity, Relay output for alarm or other notification, two (2) USB ports, Ethernet compatible
-Up to four (4) control channels of temperature, relative humidity or vacuum
-Monitor up to16 sensors
-Math and logic functions
-Digital inputs and outputs
Modification adding a Digital Timing Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, incorporates 99 hour 59 minute timer, starts timing temperature reaches set point and shuts down oven at end of set time.
- Digital Display, two LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit displays; 0.875″ high for temperature display and 0.500″ high for set point display
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
Accessory adding a Recording Thermometer. Thermocouple actuated.
- Record: 10″ diameter circular chart 24 hour chart rotation
- Digital Display: 0.56″ high, LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit display; LED status display
- Accuracy: ±0.25%of span plus 1 degree display error
Electrical modification adding an SCR Power Controller. Features:
•Silicon controlled rectifier power controllers are completely solid state industrial controllers that ensure precise proportioning of electric power to the heating elements.
•Oven temperature is maintained smoothly and evenly over the entire temperature range of the unit.
•SCR power controllers minimize maintenance, as there are no moving parts or electrical contacts to wear out.
•Heating element fatigue is reduced since the elements do not cool between releases of electric power.
•Zero voltage firing, including the first one half cycle of voltage, minimizes radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
•Transient voltage suppressor networks are included, and the units are provided with protective fusing.