Heavy Duty Box Furnace
Heavy Duty Box Furnace
These furnaces are used for a variety of heat treating applications such as tempering, hardening, sintering or firing, including those requiring inert atmospheres. Precision microprocessor based temperature controls and energy-saving insulation maximize the performance of these rugged units.
Heavy Duty Box Furnace Model Specifications:
Not for use with flammable solvents, vapors, or gases.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Door Type||Height w/ Door Open||Hearth Rating||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|HD-153015||15" x 30" x 15"||3.9||37" x 53" x 63"||2,000°F||18||225,000||9"||± 0.3%||±15°F||45||35||78"||230||1,500 lbs|
|HD-183618||18" x 36" x 18"||6.8||55" x 79" x 74"||2,000°F||24||300,000||9"||± 0.3%||±15°F||175||130||100"||320||2,650 lbs|
|HD-243618||24" x 36" x 18"||9||61" x 78" x 77"||2,000°F||33||360,000||9"||± 0.3%||±15°F||135||120||100"||450||3,000 lbs|
|HD-243624||24" x 36" x 24"||12||61" x 78" x 80"||2,000°F||40||440,000||9"||± 0.3%||±15°F||125||110||112"||450||3,600 lbs|
|HD-244824||24" x 48" x 24"||16||61" x 92" x 80"||2,000°F||48||525,000||9"||± 0.3%||±15°F||120||105||112"||600||4,100 lbs|
|HD-304830||30" x 48" x 30"||25||67" x 92" x 86"||2,000°F||56||650,000||9"||± 0.3%||±16°F||120||90||118"||750||4,500 lbs|
|HD-364836||36" x 48" x 36"||36||73" x 92" x 93"||2,000°F||66||750,000||9"||± 0.3%||±18°F||140||100||133"||950||5,250 lbs|
|HD-306030||30" x 60" x 30"||31.3||67" x 104" x 86"||2,000°F||60||700,000||9"||± 0.3%||±16°F||135||105||118"||850||5,100 lbs|
|HD-366036||36" x 60" x 36"||45||73" x 104" x 93"||2,000°F||73||800,000||9"||± 0.3%||±18°F||140||100||133"||1150||5,700 lbs|
|HD-367236||36" x 72" x 36"||54||73" x 116" x 93"||2,000°F||86||950,000||9"||± 0.3%||±18°F||140||95||133"||1350||6,300 lbs|
|HD-484836||48" x 48" x 36"||48||85" x 92" x 93"||2,000°F||78||850,000||9"||± 0.3%||±20°F||135||90||133"||1200||6,200 lbs|
|HD-484848||48" x 48" x 48"||64||85" x 92" x 105"||2,000°F||92||1,000,000||9"||± 0.3%||±20°F||130||90||157"||1400||6,900 lbs|
|HD-487248||48" x 72" x 48"||96||85" x 116" x 105"||2,000°F||135||1,400,000||9"||± 0.3%||±22°F||120||90||157"||2000||8,500 lbs|
* Outside Dimensions
- All Models: Control panel overhang 9″ right side.
- Gas Models:
- Combustion blower overhang 36″ rear.
- Gas spring assists operation. Construction similar to electric door.
- Heating elements located on sidewalls and roof only; 13.5 KW
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
- See Control & Instrumentation Summary for additional details.
Specifications for Heavy Duty Box Furnace
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||2,000°F|
|CONTROL ACCURACY||± 0.3%|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||45 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||35mins|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||15" x 30" x 15"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX||None|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||1500 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||37" x 53" x 63"|
Standard Features for Heavy Duty Box Furnace
- UL Listed Control Panel
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- FM (Factory Mutual)
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Not for use with flammable solvents or vapors. Other models available for these applications. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Electric Heat Includes
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Door interlock turns off power to heating elements when door is opened to protect operator from line voltage at heating elements
- Gas Heat Includes
- Multiple modulating burners fired under hearth from opposing sides to circulate heated air (single burner at top of work space on HD-153015)
- Automatic pre-ignition purge period to clear accumulated gas or fumes from furnace
- Push button electric ignition
- Microprocessor based electronic flame safeguard protection for each burner to continuously monitor flame and close gas valves if flame is not present
- Combustion air blower
- Combustion Blower air flow safety switch to close gas valves on loss of combustion air flow
- High and Low gas pressure switches to confirm safe operating pressure range
- Two pilot valves for each pilot to guarantee gas flow to pilot can be stopped
- Two main safety shut off valves for each burner with valve seat position indicator to assure gas flow to each main burner can be stopped
- Proof of closure switch on one main valve at each burner to prevent igniting pilot unless main valve is closed
- Leak test station at each pilot and main burner valve to allow testing for leakage through valve
- Door interlock drives main burners to low fire as door is opened to protect operator from flames
- Digital temperature controller
- LED pilot lights
- On-off heat switch
- 5 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- Choice of
- Air or Inert Atmosphere construction
- Electric or Gas heat (Air construction only)
- 208 volt, 230 volt or 460 volt, 3-phase, 60 HZ – other input power available
- All welded construction
- High temperature Kanthal A-1 coiled wire heating elements supported in vacuum cast refractory ceramic fiber located on all walls and beneath hearth
- 1000 BTU per cubic foot natural gas at 2 psig pressure – propane available. Inlet 1” NPT up to 800,000 BTU/hr, 1-¼ “ NPT to 1,000,000 BTU/hr, 1-½” NPT above 1,000,000 BTU/hr
- Insulated with 9”of light weight, energy saving refractory ceramic fiber
- Load supporting floor insulated with 4” of 18-½ lbs per cubic foot density 1900⁰F block and 4-½” of firebrick,
- 3/16” steel plate reinforced furnace shell with Trilite Green enamel finish
- ½” thick steel front plate around door
- Fire brick throat and doorsill to protect furnace during loading
- Brushed stainless steel control panel face
- Powered vertical lift door (gas spring assisted manual door on HD-153015)
o Electric door: Electromechanical operator pivots door, supported by structural steel arms and bearings, upward above furnace
o Air door: Air cylinder lifts door hanging from heavy duty roller chain supported by sprockets, shaft and pillow block bearings
- Door hot side faces away from operator
- Soft insulation on door hot face seals against throat brick and steel front plate
- 2” thick , heavy duty ceramic hearth plates supported by fire brick piers
- Fully assembled and factory tested
- 1 year limited warranty
Modifications & Accessories for Heavy Duty Box Furnace
Oven modification adding a programmable Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, digital indicating, thermocouple actuated, in lieu of standard controller.
- Program Parameters: 40 profiles of up to 50 steps each, a real-time clock with battery backup to allow starting profile at any time of day
- Digital Display, 4.3” color touch screen
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
- Connectivity, Relay output for alarm or other notification, two (2) USB ports, Ethernet compatible
- Also Available:
- Up to four (4) control channels of temperature, relative humidity or vacuum
- Monitor up to16 sensors
- Math and logic functions
- Digital inputs and outputs
- Data logging
- Graphic Trending
Modification adding a Digital Timing Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, incorporates 99 hour 59 minute timer, starts timing temperature reaches set point and shuts down oven at end of set time.
- Digital Display, two LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit displays; 0.875″ high for temperature display and 0.500″ high for set point display
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
Electrical modification adding an SCR Power Controller. Features:
- Silicon controlled rectifier power controllers are completely solid state industrial controllers that insure precise proportioning of electric power to the heating elements
- Oven temperature is maintained smoothly and evenly over the entire temperature range of the unit.
- SCR power controllers minimize maintenance, as there are no moving parts or electrical contacts to wear out.
- Heating element fatigue is reduced since the elements do not cool between releases of electric power.
- Zero voltage firing, including the first one half cycle of voltage, minimizes radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
- Transient voltage suppressor networks are included, and the units are provided with protective fusing.