High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
These furnaces are used for a variety of heat treating applications such as tempering, hardening, sintering or firing, including those applications requiring higher temperatures. Precision microprocessor based temperature controls and energy-saving insulation maximize the performance of these rugged units.
High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace Model Specifications:
Not for use with flammable solvents, vapors, or gases.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Door Type||Height w/ Door Open||Hearth Rating||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|HD-183618-HT||18" x 36" x 18"||6.8||59" x 81" x 77"||2,200°F||40||425,000||11"||± 0.3%||±25°F||180||140||100"||300||4,500 lbs|
|HD-243618-HT||24" x 36" x 18"||9||65" x 81" x 77"||2,200°F||48||450,000||11"||± 0.3%||±25°F||165||125||100"||360||4,800 lbs|
|HD-243624-HT||24" x 36" x 24"||12||65" x 81" x 83"||2,200°F||56||520,000||11"||± 0.3%||±25°F||155||120||110"||360||5,700 lbs|
|HD-244824-HT||24" x 48" x 24"||16||65" x 94" x 83"||2,200°F||65||600,000||11"||± 0.3%||±25°F||150||130||110"||480||6,500 lbs|
|HD-304830-HT||30" x 48" x 30"||25||71" x 94" x 89"||2,200°F||72||700,000||11"||± 0.3%||±27°F||165||130||118"||600||7,300 lbs|
|HD-306030-HT||30" x 60" x 30"||31.3||71" x 105" x 89"||2,200°F||78||725,000||11"||± 0.3%||±27°F||180||140||118"||700||8,400 lbs|
|HD-364836-HT||36" x 48" x 36"||36||77" x 94" x 95"||2,200°F||78||800,000||11"||± 0.3%||±30°F||180||140||135"||750||8,600 lbs|
|HD-366036-HT||36" x 60" x 36"||45||77" x 105" x 95"||2,200°F||88||850,000||11"||± 0.3%||±30°F||180||150||135"||850||9,800 lbs|
|HD-367236-HT||36" x 72" x 36"||54||77" x 117" x 95"||2,200°F||100||1,000,000||11"||± 0.3%||±30°F||180||150||135"||1000||10,500 lbs|
|HD-484836-HT||48" x 48" x 36"||48||89" x 94" x 95"||2,200°F||90||915,000||11"||± 0.3%||±30°F||180||150||135"||925||9,500 lbs|
|HD-484848-HT||48" x 48" x 48"||64||89" x 94" x 107"||2,200°F||110||1,100,000||11"||± 0.3%||±33°F||165||130||159"||1100||10,500 lbs|
|HD-487248-HT||48" x 72" x 48"||96||89" x 116" x 107"||2,200°F||158||1,500,000||11"||± 0.3%||±35°F||140||120||159"||1600||13,500 lbs|
* Outside Dimensions
- All Models: Control panel overhang 9″ right side.
- Gas Models: Combustion blower overhang 36″ rear.
- Electric Models: Transformer overhang 24″ rear.
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
- See Control & Instrumentation Summary for additional details.
Specifications for High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||2,200°F|
|CONTROL ACCURACY||± 0.3%|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||180 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||140mins|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||18" x 36" x 18"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX||None|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||4500 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||59" x 81" x 77"|
Standard Features for High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
- UL Listed Control Panel
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- FM (Factory Mutual)
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Not for use with flammable solvents or vapors. Other models available for these applications. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Electric Heat Includes
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Door interlock turns off power to heating elements when door is opened to protect operator from line voltage at heating elements
- Gas Heat Includes
- Multiple modulating burners fired under hearth from opposing sides to circulate heated air
- Automatic pre-ignition purge period to clear accumulated gas or fumes from furnace
- Push button electric ignition
- Microprocessor based electronic flame safeguard protection for each burner to continuously monitor flame and close gas valves if flame is not present
- Combustion air blower
- Combustion Blower air flow safety switch to close gas valves on loss of combustion air flow
- High and Low gas pressure switches to confirm safe operating pressure range
- Two pilot valves for each pilot to guarantee gas flow to pilot can be stopped
- Two main safety shut off valves for each burner with valve seat position indicator to assure gas flow to each main burner can be stopped
- Proof of closure switch on one main valve at each burner to prevent igniting pilot unless main valve is closed
- Leak test station at each pilot and main burner valve to allow testing for leakage through valve
- Door interlock drives main burners to low fire as door is opened to protect operator from flames
- Digital temperature controller
- LED pilot lights
- On-off heat switch
- 5 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- Choice of
- Air or Inert Atmosphere construction
- Electric or Gas heat (Air construction only)
- 208 volt, 230 volt or 460 volt, 3-phase, 60 HZ – other input power available
- All welded construction
- High temperature Kanthal AF rod overbend heating elements beneath hearth and hanging from J-hooks on vertical walls
- Rear mounted power transformer provides low voltage for heating elements
- 1000 BTU per cubic foot natural gas at 2 psig pressure – propane available. Inlet 1” NPT up to 800,000 BTU/hr, 1-¼ “ NPT to 1,000,000 BTU/hr, 1-½” NPT above 1,000,000 BTU/hr
- Insulated with 4” of light weight, energy saving refractory ceramic fiber and 7” of firebrick (roof insulation 10” of Refractory Ceramic Fiber)
- Load supporting floor insulated with 4” of 18-½ lbs per cubic foot density 1900⁰F block and 7” of firebrick
- 3/16” steel plate reinforced furnace shell with Trilite Green enamel finish
- ½” thick steel front plate around door
- Fire brick throat and doorsill to protect furnace during loading
- Brushed stainless steel control panel face
- Powered vertical lift door
- Electric door: Electromechanical operator pivots door, supported by structural steel arms and bearings, upward above furnace
- Air door: Air cylinder lifts door hanging from heavy duty roller chain supported by sprockets, shaft and pillow block bearings
- Door hot side faces away from operator
- Soft insulation on door hot face seals against throat brick and steel front plate
- 2” thick , heavy duty ceramic hearth plates supported by fire brick piers
- Fully assembled and factory tested
- 1 year limited warranty
Manuals & Resources for High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
Modifications & Accessories for High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
Oven modification adding a programmable Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, digital indicating, thermocouple actuated, in lieu of standard controller.
-Program Parameters: 40 profiles of up to 50 steps each, a real-time clock with battery backup to allow starting profile at any time of day
-Digital Display, 4.3” color touch screen
-Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
-Connectivity, Relay output for alarm or other notification, two (2) USB ports, Ethernet compatible
-Up to four (4) control channels of temperature, relative humidity or vacuum
-Monitor up to16 sensors
-Math and logic functions
-Digital inputs and outputs
Modification adding a Digital Timing Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, incorporates 99 hour 59 minute timer, starts timing temperature reaches set point and shuts down oven at end of set time.
- Digital Display, two LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit displays; 0.875″ high for temperature display and 0.500″ high for set point display
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
Accessory adding a Recording Thermometer. Thermocouple actuated.
- Record: 10″ diameter circular chart 24 hour chart rotation
- Digital Display: 0.56″ high, LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit display; LED status display
- Accuracy: ±0.25%of span plus 1 degree display error
Electrical modification adding an SCR Power Controller. Features:
- Silicon controlled rectifier power controllers are completely solid state industrial controllers that ensure precise proportioning of electric power to the heating elements
- Oven temperature is maintained smoothly and evenly over the entire temperature range of the unit.
- SCR power controllers minimize maintenance, as there are no moving parts or electrical contacts to wear out.
- Heating element fatigue is reduced since the elements do not cool between releases of electric power.
- Zero voltage firing, including the first one half cycle of voltage, minimizes radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
- Transient voltage suppressor networks are included, and the units are provided with protective fusing.