High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
These furnaces are used for a variety of heat treating applications such as tempering, hardening, sintering or firing, including those applications requiring higher temperatures. Precision microprocessor based temperature controls and energy-saving insulation maximize the performance of these rugged units.
High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace Model Specifications:
Not for use with flammable solvents, vapors, or gases.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Door Type||Height w/ Door Open||Hearth Rating||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|HD-183618-HT||18" x 36" x 18"||6.8||59" x 81" x 77"||2,200°F||40||425,000||11"||± 0.3%||±25°F||180||140||100"||300||4,500 lbs|
|HD-243618-HT||24" x 36" x 18"||9||65" x 81" x 77"||2,200°F||48||450,000||11"||± 0.3%||±25°F||165||125||100"||360||4,800 lbs|
|HD-243624-HT||24" x 36" x 24"||12||65" x 81" x 83"||2,200°F||56||520,000||11"||± 0.3%||±25°F||155||120||110"||360||5,700 lbs|
|HD-244824-HT||24" x 48" x 24"||16||65" x 94" x 83"||2,200°F||65||600,000||11"||± 0.3%||±25°F||150||130||110"||480||6,500 lbs|
|HD-304830-HT||30" x 48" x 30"||25||71" x 94" x 89"||2,200°F||72||700,000||11"||± 0.3%||±27°F||165||130||118"||600||7,300 lbs|
|HD-306030-HT||30" x 60" x 30"||31.3||71" x 105" x 89"||2,200°F||78||725,000||11"||± 0.3%||±27°F||180||140||118"||700||8,400 lbs|
|HD-364836-HT||36" x 48" x 36"||36||77" x 94" x 95"||2,200°F||78||800,000||11"||± 0.3%||±30°F||180||140||135"||750||8,600 lbs|
|HD-366036-HT||36" x 60" x 36"||45||77" x 105" x 95"||2,200°F||88||850,000||11"||± 0.3%||±30°F||180||150||135"||850||9,800 lbs|
|HD-367236-HT||36" x 72" x 36"||54||77" x 117" x 95"||2,200°F||100||1,000,000||11"||± 0.3%||±30°F||180||150||135"||1000||10,500 lbs|
|HD-484836-HT||48" x 48" x 36"||48||89" x 94" x 95"||2,200°F||90||915,000||11"||± 0.3%||±30°F||180||150||135"||925||9,500 lbs|
|HD-484848-HT||48" x 48" x 48"||64||89" x 94" x 107"||2,200°F||110||1,100,000||11"||± 0.3%||±33°F||165||130||159"||1100||10,500 lbs|
|HD-487248-HT||48" x 72" x 48"||96||89" x 116" x 107"||2,200°F||158||1,500,000||11"||± 0.3%||±35°F||140||120||159"||1600||13,500 lbs|
* Outside Dimensions
- All Models: Control panel overhang 9″ right side.
- Gas Models: Combustion blower overhang 36″ rear.
- Electric Models: Transformer overhang 24″ rear.
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
- See Control & Instrumentation Summary for additional details.
Specifications for High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||2,200°F|
|CONTROL ACCURACY||± 0.3%|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||165 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||130mins|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||48" x 48" x 48"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX||None|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||10500 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||89" x 94" x 107"|
Standard Features for High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
- UL Listed Control Panel
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- FM (Factory Mutual)
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Not for use with flammable solvents or vapors. Other models available for these applications. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Electric Heat Includes
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Door interlock turns off power to heating elements when door is opened to protect operator from line voltage at heating elements
- Gas Heat Includes
- Multiple modulating burners fired under hearth from opposing sides to circulate heated air
- Automatic pre-ignition purge period to clear accumulated gas or fumes from furnace
- Push button electric ignition
- Microprocessor based electronic flame safeguard protection for each burner to continuously monitor flame and close gas valves if flame is not present
- Combustion air blower
- Combustion Blower air flow safety switch to close gas valves on loss of combustion air flow
- High and Low gas pressure switches to confirm safe operating pressure range
- Two pilot valves for each pilot to guarantee gas flow to pilot can be stopped
- Two main safety shut off valves for each burner with valve seat position indicator to assure gas flow to each main burner can be stopped
- Proof of closure switch on one main valve at each burner to prevent igniting pilot unless main valve is closed
- Leak test station at each pilot and main burner valve to allow testing for leakage through valve
- Door interlock drives main burners to low fire as door is opened to protect operator from flames
- Digital temperature controller
- LED pilot lights
- On-off heat switch
- 5 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- Choice of
- Air or Inert Atmosphere construction
- Electric or Gas heat (Air construction only)
- 208 volt, 230 volt or 460 volt, 3-phase, 60 HZ – other input power available
- All welded construction
- High temperature Kanthal AF rod overbend heating elements beneath hearth and hanging from J-hooks on vertical walls
- Rear mounted power transformer provides low voltage for heating elements
- 1000 BTU per cubic foot natural gas at 2 psig pressure – propane available. Inlet 1” NPT up to 800,000 BTU/hr, 1-¼ “ NPT to 1,000,000 BTU/hr, 1-½” NPT above 1,000,000 BTU/hr
- Insulated with 4” of light weight, energy saving refractory ceramic fiber and 7” of firebrick (roof insulation 10” of Refractory Ceramic Fiber)
- Load supporting floor insulated with 4” of 18-½ lbs per cubic foot density 1900⁰F block and 7” of firebrick
- 3/16” steel plate reinforced furnace shell with Trilite Green enamel finish
- ½” thick steel front plate around door
- Fire brick throat and doorsill to protect furnace during loading
- Brushed stainless steel control panel face
- Powered vertical lift door
- Electric door: Electromechanical operator pivots door, supported by structural steel arms and bearings, upward above furnace
- Air door: Air cylinder lifts door hanging from heavy duty roller chain supported by sprockets, shaft and pillow block bearings
- Door hot side faces away from operator
- Soft insulation on door hot face seals against throat brick and steel front plate
- 2” thick , heavy duty ceramic hearth plates supported by fire brick piers
- Fully assembled and factory tested
- 1 year limited warranty
Manuals & Resources for High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
Modifications & Accessories for High Temp Heavy Duty Box Furnace
Oven modification adding a programmable Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, digital indicating, thermocouple actuated, in lieu of standard controller.
-Program Parameters: 40 profiles of up to 50 steps each, a real-time clock with battery backup to allow starting profile at any time of day
-Digital Display, 4.3” color touch screen
-Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
-Connectivity, Relay output for alarm or other notification, two (2) USB ports, Ethernet compatible
-Up to four (4) control channels of temperature, relative humidity or vacuum
-Monitor up to16 sensors
-Math and logic functions
-Digital inputs and outputs
Modification adding a Digital Timing Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, incorporates 99 hour 59 minute timer, starts timing temperature reaches set point and shuts down oven at end of set time.
- Digital Display, two LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit displays; 0.875″ high for temperature display and 0.500″ high for set point display
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
Accessory adding a Recording Thermometer. Thermocouple actuated.
- Record: 10″ diameter circular chart 24 hour chart rotation
- Digital Display: 0.56″ high, LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit display; LED status display
- Accuracy: ±0.25%of span plus 1 degree display error
Electrical modification adding an SCR Power Controller. Features:
•Silicon controlled rectifier power controllers are completely solid state industrial controllers that ensure precise proportioning of electric power to the heating elements.
•Oven temperature is maintained smoothly and evenly over the entire temperature range of the unit.
•SCR power controllers minimize maintenance, as there are no moving parts or electrical contacts to wear out.
•Heating element fatigue is reduced since the elements do not cool between releases of electric power.
•Zero voltage firing, including the first one half cycle of voltage, minimizes radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
•Transient voltage suppressor networks are included, and the units are provided with protective fusing.