For annealing, preheating, baking or any other heat processing where overhead handling equipment is used. Full opening door exposes entire work space for easy loading. Ideal for severe service applications — load capacities up to 4000 lbs .
Top-Loading Ovens Model Specifications:
CAUTION: Ovens processing combustible material are required by National Fire Protection Association 86 Standard for Ovens and Furnaces (NFPA 86) to have a fire suppression system. If flammable solvents or vapors are present in an oven, OSHA requires conformance with NFPA 86 Class A Oven requirements. A powered forced exhauster and other non-standard safety equipment must be added. See Class A Oven Equipment for Solvent Processing resource page, reference our FAQs or our contact us us for more information.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Blower||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||CFM||HP||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|LA-550||36" x 36" x 36"||27||59" x 87" x 52"||550°F||1,500||1 ½||15||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||38||24||2,280 lbs|
|LA-700||36" x 36" x 36"||27||61" x 89" x 54"||700°F||2,000||2||20||200,000||7"||±0.3%||±8°F||44||26||2,795 lbs|
|LA-850||36" x 36" x 36"||27||63" x 93" x 56"||850°F||3,000||2||30||350,000||8"||±0.3%||±10°F||57||27||4,120 lbs|
|LA-1050||36" x 36" x 36"||27||69" x 97" x 60"||1,050°F||4,000||3||40||350,000||10"||±0.3%||±12°F||60||33||5,865 lbs|
|LB-550||72" x 36" x 36"||54||121" x 59" x 52"||550°F||2,450||1 ½||30||350,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||30||22||4,665 lbs|
|LB-700||72" x 36" x 36"||54||123" x 61" x 54"||700°F||3,300||2||40||350,000||7"||±0.3%||±8°F||35||19||5,585 lbs|
|LB-850||72" x 36" x 36"||54||127" x 65" x 56"||850°F||4,000||3||60||400,000||8"||±0.3%||±10°F||47||26||7,320 lbs|
|LB-1050||72" x 36" x 36"||54||131" x 71" x 60"||1,050°F||5,000||5||80||600,000||10"||±0.3%||±12°F||52||24||8,475 lbs|
|LC-550||48" x 48" x 48"||64||71" x 99" x 64"||550°F||2,450||1 ½||30||350,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||35||18||4,995 lbs|
|LC-700||48" x 48" x 48"||64||73" x 101" x 66"||700°F||3,300||2||40||350,000||7"||±0.3%||±8°F||40||20||5,915 lbs|
|LC-850||48" x 48" x 48"||64||77" x 105" x 68"||850°F||4,000||3||60||400,000||8"||±0.3%||±10°F||52||28||7,855 lbs|
|LC-1050||48" x 48" x 48"||64||83" x 109" x 72"||1,050°F||5,000||5||80||600,000||10"||±0.3%||±12°F||57||26||9,005 lbs|
|LD-550||96" x 48" x 48"||128||145" x 73" x 64"||550°F||4,200||3||60||400,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||24||14||7,445 lbs|
|LD-700||96" x 48" x 48"||128||147" x 77" x 66"||700°F||6,000||5||80||600,000||7"||±0.3%||±8°F||27||16||8,880 lbs|
|LD-850||96" x 48" x 48"||128||159" x 83" x 68"||850°F||7,800||5||100||700,000||8"||±0.3%||±10°F||46||25||11,660 lbs|
|LD-1050||96" x 48" x 48"||128||163" x 91" x 72"||1,050°F||10,000||7 ½||120||800,000||10"||±0.3%||±12°F||52||30||14,740 lbs|
* Outside Dimensions
- All Models: Control panel overhang 9″ right side.
- LA & LC Models: Blower motor overhang 19″at rear.
- LB& LD Models: Blower motor overhang 19″at right side (26″ on 7-1/2 HP).
- LA & LC Models: Additional height with door open 58″.
- LB& LD Models: Additional height with door open 70″.
- Gas Models: Burner overhang 15″ left side; LA & LC Models right side; LA & LC Models rear.
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
- See Control & Instrumentation Summary for additional details.
Specifications for Top-Loading Ovens
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||700°F|
|AIR FLOW||Front to Back|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||35 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||19mins|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||72" x 36" x 36"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX|
|SHELF CAPACITY||Not Available|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||5585 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||123" x 61" x 54"|
Standard Features for Top-Loading Ovens
- UL Listed Control Panel
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- FM (Factory Mutual)
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Not for use with flammable solvents or vapors. Other models available for these applications. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Recirculating blower air flow safety switch to turn off heat on loss of recirculated air flow
- Electrical interlock shuts off heat if power to recirculating blower is interrupted
- Electric Heat Includes
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Gas Heat Includes
- Modulating burner for 1000 BTU per cubic foot natural gas at 6” water column pressure – propane available. Inlet 1” NPT (1-¼ “ NPT above 350,000 BTU/hr input)
- Automatic pre-ignition purge period to clear accumulated gas or fumes
- Push button electric ignition
- Microprocessor based electronic flame safeguard protection to continuously monitor flame and close gas valves if flame is not present
- 325 CFM (650 CFM at 800,000 BUT/hr input) powered forced exhauster to provide combustion venting
- Exhauster air flow safety switch to close gas valves on loss of venting
- Two pilot valves to guarantee gas flow to pilot can be stopped
- High and Low gas pressure switches to confirm safe operating pressure range
- Two main burner safety shut off valves with valve seat position indicator to assure gas flow to main burner can be stopped
- Proof of closure switch on one main valve to prevent igniting pilot unless main valve is closed
- Leak test station at each pilot and main burner valve to allow testing for leakage through valve
- Digital temperature controller
- Motor control push buttons and on-off heat switch
- LED pilot lights
- 5 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- Choice of
- Electric or Gas heat
- 208 volt, 230 volt or 460 volt, 3-phase, 60 HZ – other input power available
- Air operated, heavy duty door supported by steel shaft and bearings
- ¼” steel plate top prevents loading damage
- Wear bars at sides of work space to protect walls and duct work
- Reinforced floor with removable grate to distribute loading across floor
- All welded construction
- Durable, electrically isolated, Incoloy tubular heating elements
- Heat source located in heat chamber to prevent radiant heating
- High pressure recirculating blower
- Full coverage supply and return duct work with adjustable opposed louvers
- Adjustable fresh air intake and 4” diameter (6” on Gas Heat) exhaust outlet damper
- Insulated with 10 lbs per cubic foot density rockwool insulation
- Aluminized steel interior
- Slip flashing at doorway to allow inner oven to expand without affecting door sealing
- Aluminized steel exterior with Trilite Green enamel finish
- 1050⁰F models include 2” refractory ceramic fiber insulation on 16 gauge aluminized steel interior walls, 16 gauge 304 stainless steel heat chamber walls and stainless steel recirculating blower
- Brushed stainless steel control panel face
- Fully assembled and factory tested for temperature uniformity
- 1 year limited warranty
Modifications & Accessories for Top-Loading Ovens
Oven modification adding a programmable Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, digital indicating, thermocouple actuated, in lieu of standard controller.
- Program Parameters: 40 profiles of up to 50 steps each, a real-time clock with battery backup to allow starting profile at any time of day
- Digital Display, 4.3” color touch screen
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
- Connectivity, Relay output for alarm or other notification, two (2) USB ports, Ethernet compatible
- Also Available:
- Up to four (4) control channels of temperature, relative humidity or vacuum
- Monitor up to16 sensors
- Math and logic functions
- Digital inputs and outputs
- Data logging
- Graphic Trending
Modification adding a Digital Timing Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, incorporates 99 hour 59 minute timer, starts timing temperature reaches set point and shuts down oven at end of set time.
- Digital Display, two LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit displays; 0.875″ high for temperature display and 0.500″ high for set point display
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
Electrical modification adding an SCR Power Controller. Features:
- Silicon controlled rectifier power controllers are completely solid state industrial controllers that insure precise proportioning of electric power to the heating elements
- Oven temperature is maintained smoothly and evenly over the entire temperature range of the unit.
- SCR power controllers minimize maintenance, as there are no moving parts or electrical contacts to wear out.
- Heating element fatigue is reduced since the elements do not cool between releases of electric power.
- Zero voltage firing, including the first one half cycle of voltage, minimizes radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
- Transient voltage suppressor networks are included, and the units are provided with protective fusing.