For annealing, preheating, baking or any other heat processing where overhead handling equipment is used. Full opening door exposes entire work space for easy loading. Ideal for severe service applications — load capacities up to 4000 lbs .
Top-Loading Ovens Model Specifications:
CAUTION: Ovens processing combustible material are required by National Fire Protection Association 86 Standard for Ovens and Furnaces (NFPA 86) to have a fire suppression system. If flammable solvents or vapors are present in an oven, OSHA requires conformance with NFPA 86 Class A Oven requirements. A powered forced exhauster and other non-standard safety equipment must be added. See Class A Oven Equipment for Solvent Processing resource page, reference our FAQs or our contact us us for more information.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Blower||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||CFM||HP||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|LA-550||36" x 36" x 36"||27||59" x 87" x 52"||550°F||1,500||1 ½||15||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||38||24||2,280 lbs|
|LA-700||36" x 36" x 36"||27||61" x 89" x 54"||700°F||2,000||2||20||200,000||7"||±0.3%||±8°F||44||26||2,795 lbs|
|LA-850||36" x 36" x 36"||27||63" x 93" x 56"||850°F||3,000||2||30||350,000||8"||±0.3%||±10°F||57||27||4,120 lbs|
|LA-1050||36" x 36" x 36"||27||69" x 97" x 60"||1,050°F||4,000||3||40||350,000||10"||±0.3%||±12°F||60||33||5,865 lbs|
|LB-550||72" x 36" x 36"||54||121" x 59" x 52"||550°F||2,450||1 ½||30||350,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||30||22||4,665 lbs|
|LB-700||72" x 36" x 36"||54||123" x 61" x 54"||700°F||3,300||2||40||350,000||7"||±0.3%||±8°F||35||19||5,585 lbs|
|LB-850||72" x 36" x 36"||54||127" x 65" x 56"||850°F||4,000||3||60||400,000||8"||±0.3%||±10°F||47||26||7,320 lbs|
|LB-1050||72" x 36" x 36"||54||131" x 71" x 60"||1,050°F||5,000||5||80||600,000||10"||±0.3%||±12°F||52||24||8,475 lbs|
|LC-550||48" x 48" x 48"||64||71" x 99" x 64"||550°F||2,450||1 ½||30||350,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||35||18||4,995 lbs|
|LC-700||48" x 48" x 48"||64||73" x 101" x 66"||700°F||3,300||2||40||350,000||7"||±0.3%||±8°F||40||20||5,915 lbs|
|LC-850||48" x 48" x 48"||64||77" x 105" x 68"||850°F||4,000||3||60||400,000||8"||±0.3%||±10°F||52||28||7,855 lbs|
|LC-1050||48" x 48" x 48"||64||83" x 109" x 72"||1,050°F||5,000||5||80||600,000||10"||±0.3%||±12°F||57||26||9,005 lbs|
|LD-550||96" x 48" x 48"||128||145" x 73" x 64"||550°F||4,200||3||60||400,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||24||14||7,445 lbs|
|LD-700||96" x 48" x 48"||128||147" x 77" x 66"||700°F||6,000||5||80||600,000||7"||±0.3%||±8°F||27||16||8,880 lbs|
|LD-850||96" x 48" x 48"||128||159" x 83" x 68"||850°F||7,800||5||100||700,000||8"||±0.3%||±10°F||46||25||11,660 lbs|
|LD-1050||96" x 48" x 48"||128||163" x 91" x 72"||1,050°F||10,000||7 ½||120||800,000||10"||±0.3%||±12°F||52||30||14,740 lbs|
* Outside Dimensions
- All Models: Control panel overhang 9″ right side.
- LA & LC Models: Blower motor overhang 19″at rear.
- LB& LD Models: Blower motor overhang 19″at right side (26″ on 7-1/2 HP).
- LA & LC Models: Additional height with door open 58″.
- LB& LD Models: Additional height with door open 70″.
- Gas Models: Burner overhang 15″ left side; LA & LC Models right side; LA & LC Models rear.
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 100°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
- See Control & Instrumentation Summary for additional details.
Specifications for Top-Loading Ovens
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||1,050°F|
|AIR FLOW||Front to Back|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||52 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||24mins|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||72" x 36" x 36"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX|
|SHELF CAPACITY||Not Available|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||8475 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||131" x 71" x 60"|
Standard Features for Top-Loading Ovens
- UL Listed Control Panel
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- FM (Factory Mutual)
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Not for use with flammable solvents or vapors. Other models available for these applications. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Recirculating blower air flow safety switch to turn off heat on loss of recirculated air flow
- Electrical interlock shuts off heat if power to recirculating blower is interrupted
- Electric Heat Includes
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Gas Heat Includes
- Modulating burner for 1000 BTU per cubic foot natural gas at 6” water column pressure – propane available. Inlet 1” NPT (1-¼ “ NPT above 350,000 BTU/hr input)
- Automatic pre-ignition purge period to clear accumulated gas or fumes
- Push button electric ignition
- Microprocessor based electronic flame safeguard protection to continuously monitor flame and close gas valves if flame is not present
- 325 CFM (650 CFM at 800,000 BUT/hr input) powered forced exhauster to provide combustion venting
- Exhauster air flow safety switch to close gas valves on loss of venting
- Two pilot valves to guarantee gas flow to pilot can be stopped
- High and Low gas pressure switches to confirm safe operating pressure range
- Two main burner safety shut off valves with valve seat position indicator to assure gas flow to main burner can be stopped
- Proof of closure switch on one main valve to prevent igniting pilot unless main valve is closed
- Leak test station at each pilot and main burner valve to allow testing for leakage through valve
- Digital temperature controller
- Motor control push buttons and on-off heat switch
- LED pilot lights
- 5 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- Choice of
- Electric or Gas heat
- 208 volt, 230 volt or 460 volt, 3-phase, 60 HZ – other input power available
- Air operated, heavy duty door supported by steel shaft and bearings
- ¼” steel plate top prevents loading damage
- Wear bars at sides of work space to protect walls and duct work
- Reinforced floor with removable grate to distribute loading across floor
- All welded construction
- Durable, electrically isolated, Incoloy tubular heating elements
- Heat source located in heat chamber to prevent radiant heating
- High pressure recirculating blower
- Full coverage supply and return duct work with adjustable opposed louvers
- Adjustable fresh air intake and 4” diameter (6” on Gas Heat) exhaust outlet damper
- Insulated with 10 lbs per cubic foot density rockwool insulation
- Aluminized steel interior
- Slip flashing at doorway to allow inner oven to expand without affecting door sealing
- Aluminized steel exterior with Trilite Green enamel finish
- 1050⁰F models include 2” refractory ceramic fiber insulation on 16 gauge aluminized steel interior walls, 16 gauge 304 stainless steel heat chamber walls and stainless steel recirculating blower
- Brushed stainless steel control panel face
- Fully assembled and factory tested for temperature uniformity
- 1 year limited warranty
Modifications & Accessories for Top-Loading Ovens
Oven modification adding a programmable Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, digital indicating, thermocouple actuated, in lieu of standard controller.
-Program Parameters: 40 profiles of up to 50 steps each, a real-time clock with battery backup to allow starting profile at any time of day
-Digital Display, 4.3” color touch screen
-Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
-Connectivity, Relay output for alarm or other notification, two (2) USB ports, Ethernet compatible
-Up to four (4) control channels of temperature, relative humidity or vacuum
-Monitor up to16 sensors
-Math and logic functions
-Digital inputs and outputs
Modification adding a Digital Timing Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, incorporates 99 hour 59 minute timer, starts timing temperature reaches set point and shuts down oven at end of set time.
- Digital Display, two LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit displays; 0.875″ high for temperature display and 0.500″ high for set point display
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
Accessory adding a Recording Thermometer. Thermocouple actuated.
- Record: 10″ diameter circular chart 24 hour chart rotation
- Digital Display: 0.56″ high, LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit display; LED status display
- Accuracy: ±0.25%of span plus 1 degree display error
Electrical modification adding an SCR Power Controller. Features:
•Silicon controlled rectifier power controllers are completely solid state industrial controllers that ensure precise proportioning of electric power to the heating elements.
•Oven temperature is maintained smoothly and evenly over the entire temperature range of the unit.
•SCR power controllers minimize maintenance, as there are no moving parts or electrical contacts to wear out.
•Heating element fatigue is reduced since the elements do not cool between releases of electric power.
•Zero voltage firing, including the first one half cycle of voltage, minimizes radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
•Transient voltage suppressor networks are included, and the units are provided with protective fusing.