These compact ovens extend only 46 inches from a wall yet provide large work space at low cost. Ideal for shelf processing applications such as baking, drying, curing and preheating.
Shelf Ovens Model Specifications:
CAUTION: Ovens processing combustible material are required by National Fire Protection Association 86 Standard for Ovens and Furnaces (NFPA 86) to have a fire suppression system. If flammable solvents or vapors are present in an oven, OSHA requires conformance with NFPA 86 Class A Oven requirements. A powered forced exhauster and other non-standard safety equipment must be added. See Class A Oven Equipment for Solvent Processing resource page, reference our FAQs or our contact us us for more information.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Blower||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||CFM||HP||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|SA-400||50" x 30" x 54"||46.9||70" x 46" x 80"||400°F||1,000||1||10||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±4°F||35||20||1,675 lbs|
|SA-550||50" x 30" x 54"||46.9||70" x 46" x 80"||550°F||1,000||1||15||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||60||30||1,875 lbs|
|SB-400||56" x 30" x 60"||58.3||76" x 46" x 86"||400°F||1,000||1||15||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±4°F||40||15||1,875 lbs|
|SB-550||56" x 30" x 60"||58.3||76" x 46" x 86"||550°F||1,000||1||20||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||60||25||2,085 lbs|
|SC-400||68" x 30" x 66"||77.9||88" x 46" x 92"||400°F||1,000||1||20||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±4°F||20||10||2,650 lbs|
|SC-550||68" x 30" x 66"||77.9||88" x 46" x 92"||550°F||1,000||1||25||132,000||6"||±0.3%||±6°F||35||20||2,760 lbs|
* Outside Dimensions
- All Models:
- Control panel overhang 9″ right side.
- Blower motor overhang 10″ right side.
- Gas Models: Burner overhang 15″ left side.
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 50°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 50°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
Specifications for Shelf Ovens
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||550°F|
|AIR FLOW||Forced Convection, Side to Side|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||35 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||20mins|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||68" x 30" x 66"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX||10|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||2760 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||88" x 46" x 92"|
Standard Features for Shelf Ovens
- UL Listed Control Panel
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- FM (Factory Mutual)
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Processing flammable solvents or vapors requires forced exhaust to provide safety ventilation. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Recirculating blower air flow safety switch to turn off heat on loss of recirculated air flow
- Electrical interlock shuts off heat if power to recirculating blower is interrupted
- Electric Heat Includes
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Gas Heat Includes
- Modulating burner for 1000 BTU per cubic foot natural gas at 6” water column pressure – propane available. Inlet 1” NPT
- Automatic pre-ignition purge period to clear accumulated gas or fumes
- Push button electric ignition
- Microprocessor based electronic flame safeguard protection to continuously monitor flame and close gas valves if flame is not present
- 325 CFM powered forced exhauster to provide combustion venting
- Exhauster air flow safety switch to close gas valves on loss of venting
- Two pilot valves to guarantee gas flow to pilot can be stopped
- High and Low gas pressure switches to confirm safe operating pressure range
- Two main burner safety shut off valves with valve seat position indicator to assure gas flow to main burner can be stopped
- Proof of closure switch on one main valve to prevent igniting pilot unless main valve is closed
- Leak test station at each pilot and main burner valve to allow testing for leakage through valve
- Digital temperature controller
- Motor control push buttons and on-off heat switch
- LED pilot lights
- 5 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- Choice of
- Electric or Gas heat
- 208 volt, 230 volt or 460 volt, 3-phase, 60 HZ – other input power available
- All welded construction
- Durable, electrically isolated, Incoloy tubular heating elements
- Heat source located in heat chamber to prevent radiant heating
- High pressure carbon steel recirculating blower
- Full coverage supply and return duct work with adjustable opposed louvers
- Adjustable fresh air intake and 4” diameter (6” on Gas Heat) exhaust outlet damper
- Channel shelf supports prevent shelves tipping
- Insulated with 10 lbs per cubic foot density rockwool insulation
- 304 stainless steel interior with plated hardware
- Aluminized steel exterior with Trilite Green enamel finish
- Brushed stainless steel control panel face
- Heavy duty doors with explosion venting latches
- Silicone rubber door gasket
- Slip flashing at doorway to allow inner oven to expand without affecting door sealing
- Fully assembled and factory tested for temperature uniformity
- 1 year limited warranty