High Temperature Inert Atmosphere Ovens
High Temperature Inert Atmosphere Ovens
These high temperature ovens protect parts from oxidation using any non-flammable gas such as Nitrogen, Argon or Carbon Dioxide. Horizontal air flow completely surrounds work on shelves or large parts placed directly on the optional reinforced work space bottom. Includes cooling jacket which can be equipped with optional cooling blower and automatic dampers. Installation of optional atmosphere purge solenoid, cooling blower and programmable temperature controller provides completely automatic sequencing.
High Temperature Inert Atmosphere Ovens Model Specifications:
Not for use with flammable solvents, vapors, or gases.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Blower||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||CFM||HP||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|IA-1050||24" x 24" x 24"||8||55" x 69" x 54.6"||1,050°F||400||½||12||Not Rated||10"||±0.3%||±10°F||80||Not Available||2,445 lbs|
|IA-1250||24" x 24" x 24"||8||59" x 73" x 58.6"||1,250°F||400||¾||18||Not Rated||12"||±0.3%||±13°F||90||Not Available||2,815 lbs|
|IB-1050||24" x 36" x 24"||12||55" x 81" x 54.6"||1,050°F||400||¾||12||Not Rated||10"||±0.3%||±10°F||100||Not Available||2,740 lbs|
|IB-1250||24" x 36" x 24"||12||59" x 85" x 58.6"||1,250°F||400||1||18||Not Rated||12"||±0.3%||±13°F||111||Not Available||3,265 lbs|
|IC-1050||36" x 36" x 36"||27||67" x 81" x 68.6"||1,050°F||600||¾||18||Not Rated||10"||±0.3%||±10°F||115||Not Available||3,475 lbs|
|IC-1250||36" x 36" x 36"||27||71" x 85" x 72.6"||1,250°F||600||1||24||Not Rated||12"||±0.3%||±13°F||129||Not Available||4,240 lbs|
|ID-1050||36" x 48" x 36"||36||67" x 93" x 68.6"||1,050°F||600||1||18||Not Rated||10"||±0.3%||±10°F||140||Not Available||4,410 lbs|
|ID-1250||36" x 48" x 36"||36||71" x 97" x 72.6"||1,250°F||600||1 ½||24||Not Rated||12"||±0.3%||±13°F||170||Not Available||4,845 lbs|
* Outside Dimensions
- Control panel overhang 9″ right side.
- Blower motor overhang 18″ rear.
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 50°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 50°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
- See Control & Instrumentation Summary for additional details.
Specifications for High Temperature Inert Atmosphere Ovens
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||1,250°F|
|AIR FLOW||Forced Convection, Horizontal|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||90 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||Not Rated|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||24" x 24" x 24"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX||7|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||2815 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||59" x 73" x 58.6"|
Standard Features for High Temperature Inert Atmosphere Ovens
- UL Listed Control Panel
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- FM (Factory Mutual)
- For use with inert atmospheres only cannot be used with flammable gases
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Not for use with flammable solvents or vapors. Other models available for these applications. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Recirculating blower air flow safety switch to turn off heat on loss of recirculated air flow
- Electrical interlock shuts off heat if power to recirculating blower is interrupted
- Digital temperature controller
- Heat chamber temperature controller on 1250⁰F models to limit heating element temperature
- Motor control push buttons and on-off heat switch
- LED pilot lights
- 5 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- 208 volt, 230 volt or 460 volt, 3-phase, 60 HZ – other input power available
- All welded construction – interior seams welded gas-tight
- Durable, electrically isolated, Incoloy tubular heating elements
- Heating elements located in heat chamber to prevent radiant heating
- High pressure stainless steel recirculating blower with exterior blower shaft seal
- Wall penetrations through pipes welded at inside wall and fitted with compression fitting at outside of oven
- Inert atmosphere inlet (½” NPT) with pressure regulator to maintain positive pressure within oven
- Oven atmosphere outlet with pressure relief that can be manually opened to increase inert gas flow to purge air from oven
- 0 to 200 cubic foot per hour atmosphere flow meter
- 0 to 3” water column pressure gauge to display internal pressure
- Air jacket on inner oven walls for forced cooling
- Channel shelf supports prevent shelves tipping
- Insulated with 2” of refractory ceramic fiber and 10 lbs per cubic foot density rockwool insulation
- 16 gauge 304 stainless steel interior with stainless hardware
- Aluminized steel exterior with Trilite Green enamel finish
- Brushed stainless steel control panel face
- Exceptionally heavy duty doors with adjustable offset door hinges allowing adjustment to maintain gas tight seal
- High temperature, fiberglass inner door gasket with stainless steel spring insert, seals heat inside oven to protect atmosphere seal
- Silicone rubber atmosphere seal at outside perimeter of oven doors
- Adjustable, 2-point, cam action positive latching door hardware
- Fully assembled and factory tested for temperature uniformity
- 1 year limited warranty
Manuals & Resources for High Temperature Inert Atmosphere Ovens
Modifications & Accessories for High Temperature Inert Atmosphere Ovens
Oven modification adding a programmable Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, digital indicating, thermocouple actuated, in lieu of standard controller.
-Program Parameters: 40 profiles of up to 50 steps each, a real-time clock with battery backup to allow starting profile at any time of day
-Digital Display, 4.3” color touch screen
-Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
-Connectivity, Relay output for alarm or other notification, two (2) USB ports, Ethernet compatible
-Up to four (4) control channels of temperature, relative humidity or vacuum
-Monitor up to16 sensors
-Math and logic functions
-Digital inputs and outputs
Modification adding a Digital Timing Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, incorporates 99 hour 59 minute timer, starts timing temperature reaches set point and shuts down oven at end of set time.
- Digital Display, two LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit displays; 0.875″ high for temperature display and 0.500″ high for set point display
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
Accessory adding a Recording Thermometer. Thermocouple actuated.
- Record: 10″ diameter circular chart 24 hour chart rotation
- Digital Display: 0.56″ high, LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit display; LED status display
- Accuracy: ±0.25%of span plus 1 degree display error
Electrical modification adding an SCR Power Controller. Features:
- Silicon controlled rectifier power controllers are completely solid state industrial controllers that ensure precise proportioning of electric power to the heating elements
- Oven temperature is maintained smoothly and evenly over the entire temperature range of the unit.
- SCR power controllers minimize maintenance, as there are no moving parts or electrical contacts to wear out.
- Heating element fatigue is reduced since the elements do not cool between releases of electric power.
- Zero voltage firing, including the first one half cycle of voltage, minimizes radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
- Transient voltage suppressor networks are included, and the units are provided with protective fusing.