Class A Bench Ovens
Class A Bench Ovens
These rugged bench ovens are designed for a wide variety of industrial heat processing applications including those where flammable solvents or vapors will be present in the oven. Model NBS-400 meets the requirements of OSHA and National Fire Protection Association Standard 86 for Class A ovens. Not for use in hazardous locations as defined in the National Electric Code.
Class A Bench Ovens Model Specifications:
CAUTION: Ovens processing combustible material are required by National Fire Protection Association 86 Standard for Ovens and Furnaces (NFPA 86) to have a fire suppression system. If flammable solvents or vapors are present in an oven, OSHA requires conformance with NFPA 86 Class A Oven requirements. A powered forced exhauster and other non-standard safety equipment must be added. See Class A Oven Equipment for Solvent Processing resource page, reference our FAQs or contact us us for more information.
|Model||Workspace||Outside Dimensions*(WxDxH)||Max Temp||Blower||Heat Input||Insulation Thickness||Operating Characteristics†||Approx Shipping Weight|
|Dimensions(WxDxH)||VolumeCu Ft||CFM||HP||ElectricKW||GasBTU/HR||Control Accuracy||Temperature Uniformity||Rise Time (Electric)||Rise Time (Gas)|
|NBS-400||28" x 24" x 18"||7||41" x 30" x 39"||400°F||Not Available||NA||4||Not Rated||2"||±0.5%||±10°F||40||Not Available||300 lbs|
† Operating Characteristics
- Accuracy as percent of controller span.
- Uniformity at 50°F below maximum temperature.
- Rise Time in minutes to 50°F below maximum temperature.
- Tests run with empty oven and minimum exhaust.
- Performance will vary with load and application.
- See Control & Instrumentation Summary for additional details.
Specifications for Class A Bench Ovens
|MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMP||400°F|
|AIR FLOW||Forced Convection, Side to Side|
|RISE TIME - ELECTRIC||40 mins|
|RISE TIME - GAS||Not Rated|
|WORKS SPACE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||28" x 24" x 18"|
|NUMBER OF SHELVES MAX||7|
|MAX LOAD CAPACITY||Not Available|
|APPROXIMATE SHIP WEIGHT||300 lbs|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (WxDxH)||41" x 30" x 39"|
Standard Features for Class A Bench Ovens
- Meets the Requirements of the Following Standards:
- NFPA 86 (Standard for Ovens and Furnaces)
- NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- When processing combustible material fire protection should be considered
- Designed for processing maximum of 3 ounces (0.024 gallons) flammable solvents or vapors per batch at a maximum temperature of 400°F. Do not exceed this solvent volume. For more information see Class A Solvent Processing page at this website
- Adjustable manual reset excess temperature interlock to turn off heat on malfunction of main temperature controller
- Separate heating element control contactors to turn off heat on malfunction of main control contactors
- Recirculating blower air flow safety switch to turn off heat on loss of recirculated air flow
- 35 CFM powered forced exhauster to provide safety ventilation to remove solvent vapors
- Exhauster air flow safety switch to turn off heat on loss of safety ventilation
- Purge timer provides time delay to allow exhauster to pull four oven volumes of air through the oven prior to turning on heat to clear any accumulated solvent fumes from oven
- Analog non-indicating temperature controller
- Amber pilot light to indicate blower and exhauster operation
- Red pilot light to indicate heater operation
- On-Off switch
- 208 Volt (19 amps), 230 Volt (21 amp), 460 Volt (10 amp), 1 phase, 50-60 HZ
- 3-wire cord on 208 and 230 volt models
- 460 volt models incoming power must be hardwired to control panel
- Durable, electrically isolated, Incoloy tubular heating elements
- Heating elements located in heat chamber to prevent radiant heating
- Recirculating blower
- Insulated with 6 lbs per cubic foot density rockwool insulation
- 304 stainless steel interior with plated hardware
- Brushed stainless steel exterior
- Silicone rubber door gasket
- Fully assembled and factory tested
- 1 year limited warranty
Manuals & Resources for Class A Bench Ovens
Modifications & Accessories for Class A Bench Ovens
Bench Oven Shelf
Oven accessory adding an additional shelf with a maximum distributed load of 20 lbs.
Oven accessory adding eight (8x) drying pans. Made from 304 stainless steel. Requires two additional shelves to fit all pans inside oven.
Bench Oven Stand
Oven modification adding a Bench Oven Stand that raises a unit to a convenient 31″ work level.
Oven accessory adding a Dial Thermometer Range of 50 to 550 degrees F, 10 to 290 C
Digital Indicating Temperature Controller
Oven modification adding a Digital Indicating Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, thermocouple actuated, in lieu of standard controller.
Programmable Temperature Controller
Oven modification adding a programmable Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, digital indicating, thermocouple actuated, in lieu of standard controller.
-Program Parameters: 40 profiles of up to 50 steps each, a real-time clock with battery backup to allow starting profile at any time of day
-Digital Display, 4.3” color touch screen
-Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
-Connectivity, Relay output for alarm or other notification, two (2) USB ports, Ethernet compatible
-Up to four (4) control channels of temperature, relative humidity or vacuum
-Monitor up to16 sensors
-Math and logic functions
-Digital inputs and outputs
Digital Timing Temperature Controller
Modification adding a Digital Timing Temperature Controller. Microprocessor based, incorporates 99 hour 59 minute timer, starts timing temperature reaches set point and shuts down oven at end of set time.
- Digital Display, two LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit displays; 0.875″ high for temperature display and 0.500″ high for set point display
- Accuracy, ±0.1% of span plus 1 degree display error
Accessory adding a Recording Thermometer. Thermocouple actuated.
- Record: 10″ diameter circular chart 24 hour chart rotation
- Digital Display: 0.56″ high, LED, alphanumeric, 4 digit display; LED status display
- Accuracy: ±0.25%of span plus 1 degree display error
Solid State Relay
Oven modification adding a Solid State Relay in lieu of mechanical heater contactor.