Field Service Technician
Summary of Job Description:
The ideal candidate will effectively support customers, inside sales, and field sales through phone, email, and on-site assistance. This role requires a self-motivated, proactive, and versatile team player who excels in a dynamic environment that demands strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Essential Duties and Core Responsibilities:
- Address and resolve customer technical issues through phone/email, including system, electrical, and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Assess equipment needs, provide best practice recommendations, offer preventative maintenance suggestions, and oversee overall lifecycle management to ensure optimal performance and longevity of the equipment.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Grieve oven and furnace products.
- Deliver effective customer service to both external customers and internal Grieve resources.
- Travel to job sites for equipment start-up, training, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Participate in new product development, field testing, and production release processes.
- Generate accurate and timely quotes for parts and repairs of Grieve equipment.
- Create technical communications as needed.
- Successfully collaborate with all critical stakeholders, internal and external.
- Support Grieve sales representatives through training to enhance their competencies and ensure high-quality customer service for end customers.
- Conduct uniformity testing on industrial ovens.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Associate degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent
- At least three years of experience in testing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial electrical/electronic equipment
- Demonstrated technical competence in electrical and mechanical industrial machinery systems
- Proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematics
- Knowledge of gas burner systems and safety principles is a plus.
- Deep understanding of temperature controllers and recorders; familiarity with PLC systems is a plus.
- Basic computer skills required; AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a focus on delivering exceptional customer service
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Familiarity with National Electric Code and NFPA regulations is a plus.
- Willingness to travel as needed up to 40%
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Paid holidays