Grieve Corporation, a renowned leader in industrial oven and furnace design and manufacturing, is seeking a dedicated Electrical Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in designing and developing electrical power and control systems for our diverse range of industrial ovens and furnaces. Primary responsibilities will include generating electrical diagrams, compiling bills of materials (BOM), creating cabinet layout drawings, and producing technical manuals. Additionally, the Electrical Engineer will provide essential technical guidance and support to both the manufacturing floor and customers, ensuring optimal performance and seamless operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop electrical power and control systems in accordance with National Electric Code and UL standards, including the creation of bills of materials (BOM).
- Develop expertise in various control software applications and utilize this knowledge in the design and development of electrical systems for improved performance and versatility.
- Efficiently generate and submit BOMs to the purchasing department, ensuring the timely procurement of necessary components.
- Create customized retrofit packages based on customer requirements and specifications.
- Ensure compliance with relevant codes, specifications, and customer demands by assisting in installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, and testing processes.
- Develop comprehensive oven operation instructions and configuration records for instruments to facilitate seamless utilization.
- Offer technical support and essential documentation to the manufacturing floor, promoting efficient production and adherence to best practices.
• Education: bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with minimum 3-5 years of experience in a related field
• Technical proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat software
• Experience in using or a desire to learn a wide range of control/instrument software and communication protocols
• Ability to understand and interpret technical documentation relating to products and applicable standards.
• Familiarity with National Electric Code and NFPA regulations is a plus.
• Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting abilities.
• Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
• Motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Ability to quickly acquire Grieve product knowledge
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to execute complex designs with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Critical thinking skills
- Good communication skills