Territory Sales Manager – Central Midwest
Grieve Corporation is a leading manufacturer of Industrial Ovens & Furnaces. We are seeking an experienced individual to join our manufacturing team. The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for lead generation, customer support, order closing and quoting as well as post-sales support. Expected to develop and execute upon a sales plan to identify, evaluate, and capture new business across the territory and develop and grow business at existing accounts. This role requires a strong level of consulting skills at all levels of the customer’s organization from engineering, purchasing, and management on a well-established industrial oven and furnace line of products. Strong Business development skills is a must. Territory coverage is central Midwest. This position has great growth potential for an entrepreneurial individual.
Essential Duties & Core Responsibilities:
- Professionally present Grieve Ovens and Furnaces to technical and non-technical groups.
- Business Development by generating new sales leads and opportunities for Grieve’s line of products.
- Generates swift, detailed and accurate equipment quotations for customer’s applications.
- Follow up on outstanding opportunities, inquiries and quotations.
- Win and close orders by overcoming various barriers with proactive communication and sales strategies.
- Successfully implement pricing for all standard ovens and furnaces.
- Maintain a robust opportunity pipeline with past and new accounts and executes plans to follow up and, generate new sales.
- Maintain significant interaction with all Grieve functional groups (Engineering, Operations, Customer Service, Finance and Sales) to support various sales activities.
- Supports requests from Grieve’s internal teams to gather various customer documents and information.
- Analyze industrial heat treatment trends and competition within assigned territory to develop strategies for new sales opportunities.
- Develop productive working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within a customer’s organization.
- Diligent on supporting customers through design/purchase cycles as well as post-sales support.
- Calls, emails and visits design engineers, buyers or other professional and technical personnel.
- Synthesize and present product and service recommendations to Grieve management.
- Travel 60%.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiently manages time and multiple tasks
- Strong execution skills / results oriented
- Relationship establishment
- Demonstrates sound judgment, integrity, and business ethics; promotes mutual respect for employees, customers and communities; builds trust with others through authenticity and follow-through on commitmen
- Business development experience.
- A team player that aligns with business goals to generate results.
- Bachelor’s degree required, engineering degree is preferred.
- 4-8 years of industrial sales experience. Sales engineer experience is preferred.
- Proven track record in achieving superior sales and, profits within a variety of industrial manufacturing accounts preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be motivated and able to work within minimal supervision.
- Organizational Skills.
- Technically inclined.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Profit Sharing
Interested? Here’s what we need from you:
- Cover letter