Quality and Finishing Supervisor
The Quality and Finishing Supervisor is responsible for managing the Grieve Quality Management System as well as the daily operations of the Finishing and Test areas. Their duties focus on ensuring products meet customer expectations and that the company is continuously improving. The supervisor is responsible for managing final inspection, in-process inspection, the non-conforming material process, and coordinating third party audits. They are required to schedule production, understand engineering drawings, manage inventory/supplies and lead personnel within the finishing and test departments. Results must include products of superior quality, produced efficiently and on-time.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Accountable for Grieve Shop Safety Management.
- Develop and maintain Grieve Quality Management System.
- Manage company non-conforming material and corrective action processes.
- Manage resources to test and finish equipment and parts per the production schedule.
- Supervise in-process inspections, test, and final inspections.
- Establish best practices for testing and finishing of equipment.
- Train employees to established best practices to ensure the highest quality of work.
- Maintain required quality records and data per company procedures.
- Establish Quality metrics for all areas of the organization and report metrics to management periodically.
- Use data driven approach to drive quality improvements
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with all various build requirements
- Keep equipment, tools and, work area in safe and clean operating condition.
- must understand AMS testing process
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Engineering discipline is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics is required
- Experience in Electro-Mechanical environment required
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Process Management techniques such as process mapping
- Demonstrated experience with metrics-based Quality Systems
- Must understand AMS testing process
- 5 Years of applicable experience
- Organize production & personnel based on total workload and, production needs of other departments
- Manage Resources (Tools, Material, Equipment, etc.)
- Product Knowledge
- Technical Capability (Quality Management Systems, Testing, Painting, Electrical Systems)
Interested? Here’s what we need from you:
- Cover letter