Electrical Support Engineer
The Electrical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing the technical support activities for The Grieve Corporation. These activities include phone, email and, on support challenges. The role requires a self-starter with a proactive attitude and proven ability to work either independently or as a team player as the situation may require. The ideal candidate excels in a fast-paced, responsive environment where trouble shooting, and strong problem-solving skills are required for success.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Respond/Resolve customers’ phone/email technical issues including system/electrical/mechanical troubleshooting.
- Provide fast and efficient customer service to our customers and internal Grieve resources.
- Provide training, job site demonstrations, and troubleshooting.
- Provide new product input, field-testing and subsequent production release involvement.
- Develop specific technical communications as required.
- Manage and help build a 3rd party service network.
- Maintain strong technical knowledge of Grieve oven and furnace products.
- Support Grieve’s sales representatives, dealers and additional resources with training in areas that will enhance their competencies and effectiveness to be able to provide high quality customer service for our end-customers.
- Establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Technically competent with Electrical and Mechanical industrial machinery systems.
- Understanding of gas-powered systems and gas burner safety systems is a plus.
- Solid understanding on control and instruments associated with temperature controller and recorder. Understanding PLC systems is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- AutoCad experience plus.
- Two to five years’ experience with testing, troubleshooting and repair of industrial electrical/electronic equipment is required.
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces
- Understanding and openness about other cultures
- Must be willing to travel up to 35%.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with NEC and, NFPA a plus.
- Technically competent with Electrical and Mechanical systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiently manages time and multiple tasks
- Relationship establishment
Interested? Here’s what we need from you:
- Cover letter