Summary of Job Description
Application Engineer will be responsible for quoting, customer support, order closing, post-sales support as well as lead generation. This role requires a strong level of consulting skills at all levels of the customer’s organization from engineering, purchasing, and management on a well-established industrial oven and furnace line of products. Strong Business development skills are desired. This position has great growth potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generates swift, detailed and accurate equipment quotations for customer’s applications.
- Professionally present on Grieve Ovens and Furnaces to technical and non-technical groups.
- Successfully implement pricing for all standard ovens and furnaces.
- Business Development by generating new sales leads and opportunities for Grieve’s line of products.
- Follow up on outstanding opportunities, inquiries and quotations.
- Assistance with order closing by overcoming various barriers with proactive communication and sales strategies.
- Assist with maintenance of opportunity pipeline with past and new accounts.
- Maintain significant interaction with all Grieve functional groups (Engineering, Operations, Customer Service, Finance and Sales) to support various sales activities.
- Supports requests from Grieve’s internal teams to gather various customer documents and information.
- Develop productive working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within a customer’s organization.
- Diligent on supporting customers through design/purchase cycles as well as post-sales support.
- Calls, emails and visits design engineers, buyers or other professional and technical personnel.
- Synthesize and present product and service recommendations to Grieve management.
- Travel 30%.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be required.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, integrity, and business ethics; promotes mutual respect for employees, customers, and communities; builds trust with others through authenticity and follow-through on commitments.
- A team player that aligns with business goals to generate results.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related area is preferred.
- 4-8 years of application engineer or sales engineer experience is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be motivated and able to work within minimal supervision.
- Organizational Skills.
- Technically inclined.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software.
- Based relatively local to the factory located in Round Lake IL.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiently manages time and multiple tasks
- Strong execution skills / results oriented
- Relationship establishment
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability